A native of Southern California, Reno Dominik has acquired extensive international travel experience while serving in the United States Marine Corps. Honorable and proudly discharged from the United States Marine Corps 2nd Battalion 5th Marines. The most decorated Battalion in the United States Marine Corps. He has served as a police officer for the Los Angeles Police Department for 25 years. Reno’s has a broad range of Military and Law Enforcement Experience. Reno Dominik has worked as a primary Tactics Instructors for the Los Angeles Police Department at the Los Angeles Police Academy:
Classes taught as a primary officer are:
- Responding and engaging an Active shooter
- Building entry’s and searches, day, and night
- Tactical shooting on the move, handgun, shotgun and shooting from a vehicle
Other experiences include but not limited to:
- Worked a Major Violator Task Force Officer, conducting thousands of hours of investigation and surveillance and targeting career criminals engaged in violent criminal activity.
- Served as an undercover LAPD officer and obtained a Top Secret Clearance with the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Violent Gang Task Force for over 5 years
- Obtained outstanding training in all forms of surveillance and thousands of hours of actual experience (counter, vehicle, foot, and electronic.)
- Worked as an Officer at Los Angeles International Airport investigating crimes. Has worked alongside with the U.S. Customs, FBI, Los Angeles Airport Police, and Transportation Security Administration. Extensive knowledge on domestic and international rules and regulations as required by Transportation Security Administration.
- Maintains excellent relationships with Federal, State and Local law enforcement agencies throughout the United States, Canada, and Central America.
- Provided personal protection for high profile celebrities, executives and their families for over 22 years.
- Over 15 years of experience protecting millions of dollars of studio equipment on location for the entertainment industry.
- Distinguished record in achieving organizational goals and objectives while maintaining a long term vision of continuous improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proficiency to promote confidence and build client relationships on all levels. Expert problem solver.
- While working at LAX, I was in charge of all the criminal investigations and also deployed into field operations to protect world renowned celebrities, political figures, and foreign dignitaries who arrived in Los Angeles.
- Worked 10 years in the field of Executive Protection with a retired Secret Service Agent and a retired LAPD Detective Supervisor, involving protecting world renowned celebrities and their families. Currently working with the State Department, Dignitary Protection, protecting the Consulate General of Turkey.
- Worked with hotels on Century Blvd (Century Corridor), regarding their security issues and during the Democratic National Convention while assigned to LAX and Pacific Division of the LAPD.
Los Angeles Police Department – Pacific Detective Division / LAX 2000 – 2010
- Major Assault Crime, Juvenile and Hate Crime Coordinators- Responsible for all crimes related to crimes against persons, all crimes involving juveniles and all crimes relating to hate incidents. Also responsible for the tactical deployment of officers and detectives during the service of search warrants, parole and probation searches.
- Burglary / Theft Coordinator- Responsible for all crimes related to burglary and theft, including credit card fraud, check fraud and real estate fraud. Supervised and oversaw all the investigations related to the above aforementioned crimes, supervised as many as 10 investigators during this time. This also included the tactical deployment of officers and detectives during the service of search warrants, parole and probation searches.
- Detective-In-Charge, LAX Investigative Unit, supervised as many as 10 investigators at once. Responsible for all crimes that occurred on airport property, including airline ticket fraud, forgeries, fraudulent identification, credit card fraud with the exception of sexual assaults and homicides. Los Angeles Police Department – Burglary-Auto-Theft Division 1998 – 2000
- Conducted investigations on a citywide basis involving commercial and residential burglaries, safe burglaries, and pawn-related crimes. Responsible for creating and operating the Receiving Stolen Property Detail (RSP). Supervised as many as eight detectives and detective supervisors during RSP sting operations.
- Taught burglary crime scene investigations, officer survival skills, and pawnshop procedures at department approved schools. Received certificates from the Institute of Criminal Investigations (P.O.S.T. Certified) to teach such classes.
- Maintained liaison with geographic divisions regarding locating, recovering and releasing property taken in thefts, burglaries, robberies, sexual assaults and murders.
Los Angeles Police Department – North Hollywood / Foothill Detective Divisions 1995 – 1998
- Conducted complex investigations related to Homicide, Crimes Against Persons, Major Assault Crimes and Auto Theft related crimes which included defrauding the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Trained numerous detective trainees and detective supervisors with investigations involving domestic violence and crimes against persons.
- Completed numerous staff projects for the Detective Commanding Officer. Conducted numerous audits and maintained liaison with area detectives.
- Received the Los Angeles Police Departments highest award in 1992 the Medal of Valor for an Officer Involved Shooting.
- Officer of the Year, 1992
- Detective of the Year, 2005.
- Received the Purple Heart Award, September 2011.